This represents a collection of citations of various lines of Liber AL vel Legis (The Book of the Law) in the works of IAO131. References to corresponding sections in Crowley’s commentaries are included (e.g. references Crowley’s commentary on line AL I:1 is included under AL I:1). Snippets are included if short and relevant.
1. Had! The manifestation of Nuit.
- “These principles must first be established to form a functional framework of Thelema to work adequately within. The principles of existence in Liber AL vel Legis are proclaimed as a dichotomy (much like the Taoist concepts of yin & yang and the Western concepts of the elements water & fire) in the first line of both chapter 1 and 2.” -“Psychology of Liber AL, Part 1“
- “Crowley calls ABRAHADABRA the keyword in his commentary to Liber AL, I:” -“Commentary to Liber ARARITA, Chapter II – Resh“
- “Unus Deus: The Eightfold Key of Thelemic Magick“
- HRILIU: Symbolic Explorations of the Gnostic Mass, pages 153, 283
2. The unveiling of the company of heaven.
- “In the New Aeon there is an ‘unveiling of the company of heaven’ (Liber AL I:2): every man and every woman. We are each Gods, Stars going their unique Ways in Heaven.” -“New Aeon Initiation: Embrace of the World“
- “This shows each individual as being part of “the company of heaven” (AL, I:2), sources of Light & Life on Earth as the stars are in the Heavens.” -“The Officers of the Gnostic Mass, pt.3: The Deacon, Children, & Congregation“
- “Nuit characterizes the quintessence of With-ness. She discloses that we are all stars in ‘the company of heaven’ and counsels us to “Bind nothing!”…” -“True Will: The Radical Re-Orientation of Becoming Who You Are, pt.2“
- “There are 12 candles around THE BOOK OF THE LAW. 12 being the number of the Zodiac, this equates the Book with the Sun, the 13th in the midst of the 12. This Book of the Sun is also in the midst of the candles 12 in the sense that the zodiac represents ‘the company of heaven’; it is ‘one Star in the Company of Stars.'”-HRILIU, pg.159-160
- HRILIU, pages 68, 189, 258
3. Every man and every woman is a star.
- “By this is meant that ‘we are all free, all independent, all shining gloriously, each one a radiant world’ and further that ‘the Individual is the Autarch.’ In the same sense that the sun, as a star, is center of the solar system in the physical macrocosm, every man and every woman is understood to be a sort of microcosmic star and center of his or her own system. ‘A star is an individual identity; it radiates energy, it goes, it is a point of view. Its object is to become the whole by establishing relations with other stars. Each such relation is an Event: it is an act of Love under Will’ – Each individual is “an aggregate of such experiences, constantly changing with each fresh event, which affects him or her either consciously or subconsciously.’ …” -“Psychology of Liber AL, pt.2: Each Person as a Star with a Will“
- “Liber AL vel Legis proclaims that, not only is “every man and every woman… a star,” showing their essential equality…” -“Psychology of Liber AL, pt.3: The Notion of Sin Abolished“
- “Further, since “Every man and every woman is a star” (Liber AL vel Legis I:3) and each star has its own unique path, each “star” is must pursue their own Will and avoid interference in the affairs of others. In short, mind your own business.” -“Philosophy of Thelema: Ethics“
- “That is, our very concepts of the Will as being something distant prevent us from seeing what is already here: we are all stars (AL I:3) and Hadit, the flame of our Wills, is always at the core of our Being (AL II:6). It is our job or duty to figure out how to work with ourselves and our environment in order to most fully manifest that inherent Truth within us.” -“Top 10 Myths about True Will“
- “The fact of our With-ness is actually exemplified throughout the literary corpus of Thelema. Nuit declares ‘the unveiling of the company of heaven’ and that ‘every man and every woman is a star’…That is, when we are in a state of inauthentic With-ness, our interpersonal relations are reduced to objects, and their only value and meaning are in using them for our own concern and welfare. Once again we are immersed in the mode of want characterized by “having” – other people are simply “it’s” or objects to be used and possessed. In an inauthentic actualization of our With-ness, our Interpersonal mode becomes I-It. In reducing the other to an object, a mere “it,” we are failing to see that “every man and every woman is a star.” -“True Will: The Radical Re-Orientation of Becoming Who You Are, pt.4“
- “The order of the Stars in Heaven is reflected in the order of “every man and every woman” on Earth, with Hadit burning at the core of stars and in the hearts of men…” –HRILIU, page 68
- “Though a person of the male sex performs the role of Priest for symbolic purposes, he represents each individual in all of humanity, for, as we know, “every man and every woman is a star.” –HRILIU, page 224
- “…every person does their Will on Earth just like the stars run their course in Heaven.” –HRILIU, page 325
- “A Feast for the Supreme Ritual and the Equinox of the Gods“
4. Every number is infinite; there is no difference.
- “The Qabalistic Keys to Thelemic Mysticism“
- HRILIU, page 388
5. Help me, o warrior lord of Thebes, in my unveiling before the Children of men!
- “This is the establishment of Life, Liberty, Love, and Light in the hearts of all men. Let those who wish to aid the Crowned and Conquering Child in his manifestation first write the words ‘Do what thou wilt’ upon their heart and soul. Now in this light let them read this Manifesto and bring ‘fresh fever from the skies.’ ‘Help me, o warrior lord of Thebes, in my unveiling before the Children of men!'” -“The Manifesto of Ra-Hoor-Khuit“
6. Be thou Hadit, my secret centre, my heart & my tongue!
- “Thelema posits that Hadit is ‘the flame that burns in every heart of man, and in the core of every star.’ Crowley writes ‘He is then your own inmost divine self; it is you, and not another, who are lost in the constant rapture of the embraces of Infinite Beauty.’ In fact, Nuit tells us ‘Be thou Hadit, my secret centre, my heart & my tongue!’ showing that we are intimately interconnected with divinity, mirroring the general Eastern sentiment of the soul’s link to God and the sentiment seen in the West in mystics like Meister Eckhart and Miguel de Molinos…” – “Psychology of Liber AL, pt.2: Each Person as a Star with a Will“
- “…each individual is considered as a ‘star’ whose sole right or duty is to perform their Will. In the core of this star is Hadit and about the star are the infinite space & possibilities of Nuit. We have established that each individual is at the center of his or her own universe, a ‘secret centre, heart, & tongue’ of the divine, each performing their unique Will amidst Nuit, Infinite Space…” – “Psychology of Liber AL, pt.2: Each Person as a Star with a Will“
7. Behold! it is revealed by Aiwass the minister of Hoor-paar-kraat.
- “The Will is Supra-Rational“
- “Just as Prometheus brought the fire from the Heavens down to Mankind, as Aiwass is the minister of Hoor-Paar-Kraat, as Christ the Son bears the Word of his Father, as Mercury is the messenger of Jupiter (et cetera), the Deacon acts as the Logos or Word of the Ineffable Lord.” -“The Officers of the Gnostic Mass, pt.3: The Deacon, Children, & Congregation“
- “The Deacon is, in another sense, also the bearer of the Logos, the Word of God, enshrined in physical form as LIBER AL VEL LEGIS, a.k.a. THE BOOK OF THE LAW. He is therefore, in this sense, the mediator between Heaven (above the Abyss or 1/Kether) and Earth (below the Abyss or 10/Malkuth), just as Prometheus brought the fire from the Heavens down to Mankind, as Aiwass is the minister of Hoor-Paar-Kraat, as Christ the Son bears the Word of his Father, as Mercury is the messenger of Jupiter, and so on.” – HRILIU, page 128
- HRILIU, page 144
8. The Khabs is in the Khu, not the Khu in the Khabs.
9. Worship then the Khabs, and behold my light shed over you!
- “This is no different whatsoever from the Qabalistic doctrine that the Trinity of Jechidah-Chiah-Neshamah abides eternally in the Supernal Triangle, not limited by the mind (Ruach) or body (Nephesh). In terms of Thelema, this mind and body is the ‘Khu’ that obscures the ‘Khabs’ in one sense and, in another sense, is its necessary means of self-knowledge or manifestation.” –Thelema Sutras
- “The Will in Thelema Considered on Two Planes“
- “Psychology of Liber AL, pt.5: Individuation and True Will“
10. Let my servants be few & secret: they shall rule the many & the known.
- “Now we turn to aristocracy – might Thelema align with aristocracy in some way? Many will most likely point to ‘Let my servants be few & secret: they shall rule the many & the known’ (Liber AL vel Legis I:10) to justify the aristocratic tendencies of Thelema. Firstly, Crowley writes, ‘The theories of Divine Right, aristocratic superiority, the moral order of Nature, are all today exploded bluffs’…” – “The Politics of Thelema“